lovely37 asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

My Blood Type is O, which requires me to eat more protein, but I have fibroids?

I have suffered from fibroids for quite some time. Everyone in my family has had a hysterectomy. They have told me, because of the severe symptoms and my anemia, I need to have a hysterectomy. But, I have been watched probably over 50 different videos from different doctors, saying that their is another way, to eliminate or shrink fibroid, and that requires a plant based diet. The problem I have loved eating dairy most of my life. I am definitely a meat eater. I did not know that people with Type O Blood need a high protein diet. I, also like doing aerobics, which I found out was best. I tried to cut out meat, but I am finding out that I am so drained. I want to cut the fibroids, but is there a way to get a high amount of protein without eating meat or do I have to eat meat?

If you have anemia, then you also need to be increasing your IRON intake.   You may want to consider taking an iron supplement.  Feeling drained can be a result of not enough iron as well as not enough protein.  

Here is a link for better eating with fibroids: https://houstonfibroids.com/posts/diet-and-exercis...

BTW - I did have fibroids and after three years of trying to deal with them, I finally opted for the hysterectomy.  I kept my ovaries so that it wouldn't impact my natural hormone levels.  It was the BEST choice I ever made.  I feel SO much better.  

I have type O blood and i eat ketogenic. Not because of my blood type but because it's a natural diet for humans.

We don't know who "they" is but there is no science behind the blood type diets.

There are a lot of plant based diet items that have MORE protein than beef.

You can google and find a full assortment of healthy goods.

There is protein in plants too, especially beans. Lots of vegetarians are athletes. Do some research and change your diet.