Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How long was Prince Philip on a waiting list for his heart operation?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

It is not just that Sir Prince Philip leapfrogged the waiting list (and leapfrog is not encouraged for 99 year olds with dodgy hearts), it is the fact he was operated on at all. Most 99 year olds would be given palliative care, not surgery. 

• 1 month ago

the royals pay nothing. the taxpayers pay everything for them.  they are the world's richest welfare family. 

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

To be fair, most emergency operations are carried out swiftly by our wonderful NHS

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He hasn't troll. He is a private patient and will receive a bill for for his stay and treatment lin hospital 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I assume the Prince was treated as a PRIVATE PATIENT.   In any case why would he be on a waiting list - he's 99, only a few months short of his 100th and clearly has very little ltime to be 'waiting'.   If you've got it, use it.   It really doesn't bother me overly.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No time to wait when you are 99. I doubt this was elective surgery and for private patients there are no waiting lists.

• Rico
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

There is no waiting list if you’re a private patient.  

Regarding cardiac surgery, there is a very short waiting list in the public sector.  He probably only had an angioplasty, which I can tell you from personal experience is done under local anaesthetic, and takes about 10-15 minutes to complete. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Heart operations are generally considered urgent surgery, not elective surgery or a procedure that can wait without danger to the patient.  Unless the patient was waiting for a donated organ, there wouldn't have been a waiting list for either a private or a public patient.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He skipped the list and was helped before babies with heart problems.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He doesn't have to be on a waiting list, and even if he was, he can leapfrog everyone else.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.