Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

implantation or period?

my "period" lasted 4 whole days but it was on the light side. I'm on birth control. coloring was all dark brown with some bright red mixed in. I had once or two clotting instances. never had to use a tampon, just one pad. and I had some get in more than one pair of underwear. I also had this 4-5 days after I would have ovulated bc I'm on birth control and missed 2 last active pills before my placebo week. I got this "period" on the typical id start my cycle. I just felt worried bc it was light. idk if its even possible to have implantation that early either. thoughts?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Implantation bleeding normally occurs 6-12 days after conception. It is typically very light spotting that is brownish/pinkish in colour and never bright red. It also never contains any blood clots. The bleeding can last anywhere between a few hours or up to two days. What you described sounds like it was just a light period. Since you’re on birth control, sometimes your flow will be much lighter than most months. It’s completely normal

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.