Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

is Maxine a good name for a dog?

I also love the name on a girl, I'm not trying to insult at all! It's actually one of my favorite names. It's 2 syllables, so I was wondering what people thought on it for a dog? Or what dog they pictured? I kinda picture a Frenchie or a bull dog, but she's a husky.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

It does not roll off the tongue, harder to use (effectively) for training & will be difficult to get out quickly (in an emergency) like dog dashing (towards oncoming traffic).  But Maxi /Maxy would work much better, IMO.  To me, it is a Germanic name so I see it on GSD. Weims etc.

Yes, any name you like is okay for a dog.

The Maxine I knew was not a very nice person so the name only reminds me of this person.  I would not choose that name for that reason.  You have a positive reaction to the name so if you like it, use it.

• OTTO

If it feels right then go with it.

Call it "Pelzer"

It sounds fine to me.The only thing is that most people will probably call her Max or Maxy.If your ok with that go for it.