Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 1 month ago

Chances of contracting HIV?

So far i have had two sexual partners. The first person i ever had sex with was when i was 15 - young and irresponsible i know - unprotected. I managed to get tested at my school but only swabs were taken for chlamydia, gonorrhoea. My current boyfriend is also negative. However, i'm wondering if i should try and get blood taken? This is hard for me due to covid right now and my parents really dont like me leaving the house. I just want an honest opinion on what you think my chances are (from one off time)

• ?

It's more difficult for women to get HIV than for men.  And most fifteen year-olds aren't infected. 

• Talk to your doctor, let them know you're concerned that you MIGHT have contracted HIV. If they think you need to get tested, they can send you to a clinic to get it done, if clinics are not open in your area. Clinics should be cleaning after each patient, so you wouldn't have much chance of getting any thing. If you have to wear a mask do so. 

If your current partner is negative for HIV, you shouldn't get it from him. If you had unprotected sex with the other two partners, then you may have a chance of contracting HIV. 

Low, and none if they didn’t have anything. Plenty of places are open for testing and health care places are the cleanest and most aware places there are, far better than just shopping. You odds of getting covid from sti testing is probably zero.