Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Who here only uses a laptop at home?

• 4 days ago

I do.  For the things I use it for, it's perfect.  I don't do any high-demand stuff (it's not a gaming laptop)...Internet, e-mail, a couple games (but none that are really graphic-intensive) and a few spreadsheets, mostly concerning my fantasy teams and music collection.

I also store a lot of music on it, and occasionally do some music editing with Audacity, but that's about it.

I like it because it's portable, and it doesn't take up a lot of space.  And it does everything I require of it.

Mostly @ home. Sometimes in public. 

Just a convenience being portable. (Flagship Smartphones are computers and no need to keep laptop on person. Main difference is screen size)

• ?

Me ,I only uses laptop at home

I've stopped using them 20 years ago.

Then again I've never held a job that required a lot of paper work and taking the job home.

Laptops can pretty much do everything nowadays.

me- my desktop was going out, and I am just starting to use my MacBook.

Me.  My health isn't as good as I'd like it to be so I spend a good deal of time in my bed.  When I can't get out to use my desktop computer I rely on my wife handing me my laptop.

• Bill-M

My wife uses a Laptop and I have TWO Desktops.

A better question is, why is anybody still using a desktop, even at home?

• i + i

Can't say "only", as I have several 

computers, but lately I can say I'm 

on my laptop pretty exclusively... 

haven't turned on any of the others 

in several months.

i do , i heard in the library you can only use it for an hr