Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

My job...?

I was talking to a girl I met online and she asked me what do I do but my job is and I told her what my job is.. I work full-time as a custodian at my local elementary school when I told her what I do she didn't talk to me anymore and sometimes people make fun of me because of my job but I take great pride in what I do people look at me like I'm a scumbag and a piece of s*** because I'm a custodian but there's so much more to my work then what everybody makes it out to look like... Why do people downgrade me like this I make good money work hard and I enjoy what I do, why is it so bad?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I work full-time as a HR Works at my Company when I told them what I do sometimes people make grate boy for my works.

• 1 month ago

All work is honorable.  I hereby annoint your job description to be civic maintenance instead of custodian.  You repair and maintain government property. 

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

So an online stranger chose not to continue to chat to you... that is not 'downgrading' you...... it ismore to do with your lack of self esteem than anything else

• A custodian may get mistaken for a janitor. Janitors can get looked down on because you're cleaning and doing 'dirty work'.  

Just tell them you take care of, or is in charge of the same building or property at any given time of the day. That's basically what a custodian does. 

If some one can't accept what you do for a living, you're better off with out them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

cause they wouldnt want that job

• 1 month ago

Then it is Her problem

She is shallow and you can do much better

and make sure You are not shallow either-not every woman has to be "hot" in the media sense.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.