Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 2 months ago

Why is everyone trying to discredit Meghan Markle and make her look bad? She's done nothing wrong!?

I feel for her. It must be so stressful having to deal with all the lies in the media and online trolls and what not.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Jas B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I think the content of this interview will determine how she is seen in the future.  I can't see how airing all her private family business in public will help her and her husband heal the breach with his family.

The British press were horrible to her in many ways, both before and after her marriage.  It is what they do and have done to women marrying into the family before and no doubt will do so again in the future.However if she insults the Queen, her Father in law and her husband's brother and his wife then it will cause a lot of bad feeling.

• 1 month ago

it's the royals way of taking the spotlight off of their pedophile prince Andrew.  

• Clo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Palace courtiers need to change, and they have not. The palace courtiers don't like being painted as racists, snobs, xenophobes, behind the times, not supportive, so they strike back. And there always has been an anti-Meghan contingent; just look at the comments section on online media where the trolls feel free to post their racist ignorance.

These courtiers have not paid attention to the royals who have made changes and these courtiers look bad. Instead of learning, they blame. These courtiers gave Sarah, Duchess of York, a hard time, as they did with Philip, when he first married into the family.

• 2 months ago

she led harry to break away from the firm

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

They were smart to get the Hell away from them. It's typical of people that think they are superior and those that believe them worthy of worship. No matter what happens with Harry and Meghan..  in the end we are judged by God not the Royals(?). 

• Shiloh
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Megan is being scrutinized same as Diana, Fergie, Katherin and all others were.  Diana was loved for her gentle and loving nature. Megan on the other hand has an abrasive personality which is not easily tolerated. 

Everyone knows people  they don't favor,  and that's how it is with Megan. She's disliked due to what she says and how she treats people. This interview with Winfrey is not going to make her more popular but re-enforce what people already knew about her. 

Also, continually pushing the RaceCard these days does not go over well. People know when they're being played,  used and manipulated by celebrities for their political agenda. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I can't better than your first Anon answer.    If the woman just shut up, nobody would give her a second thought.    As I've already said, quite why she's doing this (Oprah Show) now, when she's presumably living where she wants to be, in a mansion with all the prestige being a 'Duchess' should bring, with money to take her well into the future, defeats me.

Nobody is 'trying' to discredit her - she's doing that all by herself at the moment!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

🥴😊

Because she holds Harrys heart. 

And they want him back. 

They think by humiliating his wife, it will make him suffer and so the prodigal son would return.

🥴 Notice theyre humiliating her personally. Not him. They want him back. And to suffer a little for his choices.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.