Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 month ago

Do you think liberals and conservatives could ever unite to destroy the wealthy?

I'm talking about the 1%. Those with billion-dollar net worths. Those that have ridiculous influence. The elon musk, the jeff bezos, the tim cook. I personally think that people are frustrated right now because you have politicians making $200k a year (pretty avg) adhering to agendas (both democrats and republicans). Once again, being wealthy is fine ($200k - $50 milion) , but anything beyond that is just ridiculous. Thoughts? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Those are the people creating the jobs, and many of them are high paying jobs.  The people that destroy stuff are idiots like george soros who has all the money and is doing damage to so many countries, not the ones you listed.

• 1 month ago

Liberals are children regardless of age who live off their rich conservative parents or grand-parents. Your plan will not work. Bezos, Musk, Cook, Gates and many others created hundreds of thousands of jobs for people. The stock of their companies funds retirement plans IRAs and 401s of tens of millions of Americans.  Politicians are mostly dishonest and make millions selling their votes. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

unrelated to personal finance

• 1 month ago

Why would I want to destroy wealth?

i don't want Bezo's responsibility.  Bezo doesn't appear to want his responsibility anymore and is stepping down from day to day employment.

Just think what Bezo's day must be like to know that the technical operations of some of the largest companies, healthcare organizations and non-profits in the world roll up to him.  Organizations like US Dept of State, UK Ministry of Justice, NASA, Harvard Medical School, Johnson & Johnson, Dow Jones, FINRA, NASDAQ, ESPN etc

Besides maintaining the technology for these companies, he is responsible for the biggest supply chain in the world. 

He was doing this on $80,000 a year salary!!!  His wealth is from building the company.  You think we should take it away and say "sorry guy, you aren't allowed to be successful???"  The BILLIONS that he donates!

The liberal idiocy  from people like you -- instead of rising others up, you want to knock everyone down. 

"I personally think that people are frustrated right now because you have politicians making $200k a year ".  I wish the politicians worked harder towards bipartisianship and doing what's right instead of being special interest driven.  But in no way are they overpaid.  Most of them would are giving up higher paying jobs to work in their roles. 

-- What do you want?  A congress filled with AOCs that have never had a professional job?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes.  If you destroy the reason to gain wealth then you will destroy the incentive to risk assets.  In other words, why should I risk everything I own to build Amazon, Apple, Yahoo, Tesla, etc.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.