Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

is it normal to feel nauseous on your period?

i actually have gotten nauseous on my period often

Since I'm a male, I only really get nauseous over the mental image of a period. But I know that is normal, since most other men feel the same way.

Not really, but it's not unusual if you're having severe cramps. Cramps occur bcuz your hormones trigger smooth muscles to contract. Your stomach & intestines are made of the same smooth muscle tissue.

Not common but as hormonal changes of pregnancy can cause nausea in some women, it is reasonable to expect hormonal changes of menstruation to cause nausea in some women.