Are tire plug patch combos safe or should I get a new tire?

I got two nails in two of my tires. I went to a mechanic who put plug patch combos on both. My tires r only three months old, do you think my tires will be safe to drive or should I just get new tires. I drive a lot on the highway too.

some places will plug and patch just for the extra will not return factor. i had one tire i plugged fail to work and had to put in a second plug. outside of that make sure if yo do it yourself you get plugs that are rated for your tires. some ties have steel belts and a regular plug will fail i like the red tire patching cord and i do use the glue also, it helps install the cord and it helps seal the leaks. 

Sounds like overkill to use a plug and a patch. Just a patch is good enough. At least they didn't sell you an inner tube too. I would use either a plug OR a patch. I've had success with plugs where I didn't want to unmount the tire and even apply the plug with the wheel still on the car. A patch goes on the inside of a tire. I always have that done at a shop with a tire mounting machine and a balancing rig- only cost me $15 and 10 minutes.

GO BACK where you BOUGHT these tires! There MAY be a WARRANTY on this! And ALL tires are NOT the same QUALITY either! Get FUEL EFFICENT tires made from SPECIAL rubber compounds and LONG warranties! I LOVED my MICHELIN HARMONY TIRES! They REALLY were like an extra set of SHOCKS on there! >>>You may have ROAD HAZARD protection as well!

Perfectly fine, that is a very good repair method.

• F

They should be safe if done properly UNLESS the puncture are close to the shoulder of the tyre. Then, they should not be repaired abs must be replaced even if only 3 months old. 

Additionally some tyres have a sealant inside in case of small punctures. These cannot be plugged if the sealant doesn’t work.

Get new tires.         

If the tires were patched properly by taking the tires off the rims and patching them on the inside of the tire they should be fine.

Its safe to drive with a patched tire or more; esp if they're new.

If either hole is within 1.5 - 2 inches from the sidewall it's against federal law to plug/patch them.

Definitely get the plugs/patches! Car tires are the largest contributor to the micro plastic problem of the world’s oceans so reuse! If you go for new tires the shop you are at will keep your old ones, plug them up, and resell as used tires to someone else.