1996 Mercury Villager?

So I have a 1996 Mercury Villager/ Nissan Quest 

I have been fixing up and today I went to take out some lightbulbs to see if I could get them replaced, now none of the lights come on even the ones that worked yet the engine still starts the radio still plays and everything  else do it have a safety mechanism or something when one light bulb gets removed none of them work I hope a fuse did not get blown 

I should make it clear it’s the map lights and everything else in the van the headlights and taillights still work 

Favorite Answer

Put al the old bulbs back in and find out if they still work. Are the bulb numbers the same?

The car is old.  Do NOT fix something when it is not broken.  Check the fuses and check for loose electrical connections.

You blew a fuse.