Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Has a military drill instructor ever encountered a recruit whom they felt should never have enlisted in the first place?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Zack
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes; ALL the time.

• Cee
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Only every waking moment of every day.

• 1 month ago

EVERY drill instructor has.

• 1 month ago

sure -- plenty of them.  and they usually wash out quickly, too

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

that is Part of Recruit Training to find those that don't Come up to scratch

because you can just say enough I am Leaving at no cost to you

• 1 month ago

Yes, but Gomer Pyle turned out to be very lovable. 

• 1 month ago

Probably in every class. Not everyone is up to it.

• 1 month ago

I'll wager everyone of the transvestites they get stuck with!

• 1 month ago

of course, they send them home with their mommies

• 1 month ago

There are more than one in every single platoon in every single series, every year. All branches. 

My Platoon in at Parris Island  started with 85 recruits, 42 graduated together. 

Not all got let go, There was a death at PT, a suicide. Others went to the brig for fights, stealing, or both they and their Recruiters got jammed up for a fraudulent enlistment. More than a few just lost it emotionally, completely,  and were hauled away. 

It's the DI / Drill  Sgt's job to weed out those who cannot make it, not accommodate the armed services to the recruit's lower abilities or standards. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.