Is it necessary to include language proficiency on CV?

So, I have an ethnic minority surname and a university lecturer advised me to put:

"Native English speaker, born in the United Kingdom and holding UK citizenship" on my CV

I'm struggling to squeeze my CV down to 2 pages and wondering what should go.

Favorite Answer

Two pages? Not including references, unless this is a very highly specialized job - ONE PAGE is all most people want to look at when reviewing a stack of applicants. If they cannot see and absorb the basic information in less than 60 seconds, it's too much information, but yes, put that line in there if communication skills are really important in your intended line of work. Trust me, I've been on the hiring side. Keep it visually simple and to the point with the most important qualifications listed. Within 30 seconds to a minute, the reviewer will  either move your CV to a stack for second evaluation or it will go straight into the dust bin.  

• ?

No, it isn't "necessary," but it could be helpful. If your post is true, your university advisor is simply suggesting that you can head off any potential discrimination by a prospective employer by addressing what might be a question or concern based on your name. It is up to you whether you want to do that or if you'd rather not work for a person how'd make negative judgements about you based purely on your name.  

Cut your CV down. Unless you've been in the workforce for 30 years, there just isn't that much to say in a CV.  Education: university, degree and yearJobs: company, job title, dates of employment, job duties, highlight achievementsAwards/Honors:  Only as they relate to the field in which you plan to work. 

• Tavy

One page is enough. Employers won't spend time reading it.

Your details

Education

Jobs in bullet points, no details of your duties.

No hobbies.

That's it.

And yes include Native etc.

UK