Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Got a refusal of EUSS family permit. ?

Hi to all,

Got a refusal from home office for EUSS family permit visa of my brother in law which is my Extended family member. I thought I did choose wrong category because my brother in law is not come in this definition. 

I did choose these category below:-

Type of visa :- European family permit

Category :- Close family member of an EEA ow Swiss national with a UK immigration status under the EU Settlement Scheme.

Can anyone conform what category need to choose.

There are two category shown below :-which one I need to choose for extended family member. (My husband brother)

-- the EU settlement scheme family permit.

-- the EEA family permit.

Please confirm that. 

Home office gave me the appeal right.

Please explain me full in detail.

Thank You 

• 4 days ago

Opt for Caribbean citizenship.

• ?

Extended family isn't immediate family. So your spouse would have to obtain citizenship then apply to sponsor his own brother. Even the most generous chain migration schemes have their limitations. 

Your brother in law is not someone who can sponsor you for this visa. 

• Tavy

Clear enough to me. Your husbands brother is not YOUR  family member. We are NO longer part of the EU.

U.K.

• Maxi

"EUSS family permit visa " do you mean a EU family visa..... and the Home Office is UK immigration and that would come under UK laws so a UK family visa the UK left the EU, so no EU visas ...... a 'brother IN LAW' is not your family member the UK do not have chain migration  ...so YOUR spouse, YOUR child, YOUR grandparent