Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

How did being defeated by Carthage at sea improve Rome's navy?  ?

A

Rome and Carthage became allies.

B

The Romans added many powerful warships to their navy.

C

The Carthaginians gave the Roman navy their unused ships.

Rome became a power house naval power in the sea. Without it; Rome would not be able to control the Mediterranean and dominate trade. However, Rome improved on the Carthage ships and made it more of a force. 

B.   Rome made more ships.  

• ennui

B, but I thought Carthage only won once against (on the sea) Rome. I do know Rome won all three Punic Wars, ultimately devastating Carthage. Rome knew the only way to beat the Carthaginians was to build their own fleet, which they did by copying one of the Carthage ships they had taken -- but they added things (which I admittedly don't know much about). This period of history is not my forte at all.