Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How Likely Will The Pro Act 2021 Become Law?

I am worried about the ABC test in the 2021 Pro Act. I tutor online and also make a living as a free lance musician.

I make a good living, pay for my own health insurance and 401k. 

I've been self employed since 2005 and I love it. If the ABC test passes nationally, I will not be able to have a career anymore. How likely is it this will pass into law???

FYI this same thing happened in California to "protect" the Uber drivers. It wreaked havoc and they had to repeal it the next year... 

Update:

I was also able to support myself throughout the entire pandemic and did not have to take out unemployment or government assistance..........

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It probably won't pass the Senate but on the off chance it does you can protect your business by incorporating. Kind of a hassle but it's what every independent artist, journalist, et al has had to do to work in CA. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

All will pass if the Democrats do away with the 60 vote rule which should be permanently done away with

• Archer
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you voted for Biden/Harris, then you got what you asked for now didn't you!

• 1 month ago

It won't pass the Senate, nothing will that isn't directly tied to budget given the state of things.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

relax.  this isn't going to pass the US Senate any more than $15 an hour minimum wage

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.