How Likely Will The Pro Act 2021 Become Law?

I am worried about the ABC test in the 2021 Pro Act. I tutor online and also make a living as a free lance musician.

I make a good living, pay for my own health insurance and 401k. 

I've been self employed since 2005 and I love it. If the ABC test passes nationally, I will not be able to have a career anymore. How likely is it this will pass into law???

FYI this same thing happened in California to "protect" the Uber drivers. It wreaked havoc and they had to repeal it the next year... 

I was also able to support myself throughout the entire pandemic and did not have to take out unemployment or government assistance..........

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

It probably won't pass the Senate but on the off chance it does you can protect your business by incorporating. Kind of a hassle but it's what every independent artist, journalist, et al has had to do to work in CA. 

• ?

All will pass if the Democrats do away with the 60 vote rule which should be permanently done away with

• Archer

If you voted for Biden/Harris, then you got what you asked for now didn't you!

It won't pass the Senate, nothing will that isn't directly tied to budget given the state of things.

relax.  this isn't going to pass the US Senate any more than $15 an hour minimum wage