Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Why would a man in his 40s mess up or give up a relationship with a young, hot, 23 year old?

Does it sound like a really poor choice for a guy that is almost 41 to give up a relationship with a young attractive 23 year old.

Why would he put in so much time and effort to take her on countless vacations, get her an apartment, meet her family, introduce her to all of his friends and post dozens of photos with her on social media only to be window shopping for other women. He only makes 48k a year and isn't rich and she was NOT using him for his money and he spoiled her and showed her off, yet...he cheated on her and had a wandering eye.

When she moved out of their shared apartment that he paid for and moved back home he posted a song/music video to his profile about a guy that loses the love of his life it shows an empty chair at a wedding scene and it says "reserved for my wife" and the guy ends up jumping off a cliff and drowning because he can't live without her.

So clearly he was sending signs that he missed her. Then he posted a music video with a guy running around an apartment crying looking at the place he once shared with the woman he loved and breaking down missing her and wanting her back. Yet he never tried to be better for her or committed to her. They dated for 8 months and he said she was the love of his life.

If you were 40 would you give up a relationship with someone who looks like this?

https://www.instagram.com/jessagomez97/

He's also never been married, doesn't own a home, he drives a 2007 jeep and lives in a cheap apartment. Did he mess up?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

This 40yo wouldn't date a 23yo woman.   Too self-centered at that age.  Maybe try to get a guy who doesn't treat you like some trophy and instead values you as a person. 

My wife and I wed at 23yo and we didn't post pics or show off to anyone except ourselves.   I'm 40 and still trying to impress her.

• Zirp
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Because he realises he needs someone mature instead of someone who spams pictures of herself on the internet

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He may have been 41 but he wasn't ready to settle down. And the truth is, you seem to believe he should stay with you because you're "attractive". You are but you're average. I'm guessing the reason he left is because you had too high of an opinion of yourself. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.