what to do on a lonely weekend?

i'm a male well into my 40s now, i have never made any relationships, never had a female partner, ive had a really hard life dealing with mental health problems...i have lived by myself for 16 years and the loneliness never gets any easier....in the midst of this lockdown, things are really quiet and isolating here where iam...i live in a little council flat on the 3rd floor of a 4 story apartment.....and this weekend will be doubly isolating and a lonely one, stuck in my flat....moping around the place.

all i have are my elderly parents at the end of the phone and they live far.

tv is crap, so there is no diversion on the tv nowadays.........any help on what to do?

thanks werner buddy.

Favorite Answer

Pray hard, life sucks and then you die. But seriously, the only people you talk to are the ones who made you like that. 

Unfortunately, Yahoo Answers is about the furthest thing from the kind of help you need. Developing social skills is something you can never do on a computer. It should have started when you were a toddler. But your parents were not social butterflies either, I assume, which has really set you back because social skills come from watching and interacting face to face with other people. You don't need diversions like TV, and just because you think you do, leaves me little hope anything can be done at this stage of your life.

What really concerns me is how many others are just like you, but who are still living with their parents and have never had a job or significant other in their life.

People like you make me grateful for the life and independence I fought for so long ago.

Until you can get some real help, you need to get out and be with others doing anything. Volunteer at your local homeless shelter, food bank, or community center. Look for self help groups that meet regularly near you. Find an elderly shut in person and help them do things. Helping others can be very therapeutic and can help you to socialize more. I know the pandemic isn't helping matters, but until things return to normal in this world, now is a good time to ween yourself off of any drugs your taking, and eat healthy foods so your brain doesn't gel any longer than it has.

Its not going to be easy at first, but the longer you wait, the worse off you'll be. Change is good. Get outside as much as possible.

If you have a good relationship with your parents, consider moving near them.  Since your life is empty in your current neighborhood, there's nothing to lose in leaving it.