Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 months ago

Am I the only one who thinks Trevor Lawrence will be a colossal BUST?

Yes, I think Trevor will be in the HOF. If your going stat wise Trevor has 10,098 yards with a pass efficiency rating of 164.26. Talent wise he has it all. He has amazing accuracy with a strong arm. He can run out the pocket and throw it across body. He has a run game too, he can run and get you a couple yards or he can break free and score. 

• james

Yes you are the only one i am a Buckeye fan who HATES CLEMSON ! 

But this kid will be great .

Looking at quarterbacks taken first overall since 1980 (Lawrence's likely landing spot) we have John Elway, Vinny Tesaverde, Troy Aikman, Jeff George, Drew Bledsoe, Peyton Manning, Tim Couch, David Carr, Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Alex Smith, JaMarcus Russell, Matthew Stafford, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Jameis Winston, Jared Goff, Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, and Joe Burrow. Of the 21 all but 7 made it to at least one pro bowl (and there's still a realistic chance for Mayfield and Burrow to make one eventually).

Obviously some didn't live up to expectations, but if the recent trend holds it's unlikely he'll be a colossal bust.  

I Highly Disagree with That.

He's The Most Talented Quarterback in The Draft.  Jaguars should Know How to Used This Man.   

Just Giving Little bit More Weapons and Defense.   He can Take them to Promise Land.   He's The Most Quarterback that, They'd never have.

Probably not. About half the draft picks are and players in Lawrences position go to a bad team.

I mean, on average, most high drafted QBs don't work out, so that's kind of playing the odds.  But while I think Lawrence is being overhyped, that doesn't mean I don't think he's an excellent prospect.

I am not sure one way or another but there are plenty of guys who were thought to be the next comeing of God waiting to be drafted thaat have failed  badly.There are those that did ok in the NFL but were no where near what the hype made them out to be.He could be the next Ryan Leaf or Patrick Mahomes time will tell.My guess is he will fall somewhere in between.

I also think that.  I also predicted Biden would be a worthless failure.  Turns out I was right on that one.

He did look terrible against LSU and OSU. His arm isn't that special.

Probably not.  There are people that believe everyone will be a bust.  Lawrence isn't any different.