Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Blocking emails from a needy family member: horrible to do?

I have an immediate family member who is all over the place: tells me to stop visiting, then tells me that she’s crying because I no longer visit, then tells me that I’m “wrong!” about so many things then begs me to come visit.  I have whiplash, figuratively, from all of these different responses from the relative.

I had enough and clicked “block sender” and blocked her email address from contacting me.

She’s not poor (she’s very wealthy); her health is fine; and she’s not a widow. She has a husband.  So I don’t think that I obligations to her other than to be respectful of her when I encounter her.

• T J

Congratulations for stopping the nut.  Keep her out of your life, refuse to be anyplace she will be at. and if you see her, walk out.

thats up to you

• Ron

Of course not. You have to think of your own mental health. You cannot just be another person's rescue from boredom and neurosis. It would never end. 

No just wish I had my own ability