Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What would you choose: working with someone who hates you and your family or loosing the chance to get promoted?

I joined a project team to make headway for promotion. I don’t want to have to drop out of the team even though it is voluntary and give my hard work away and let my contacts and coworkers down just because of one a-hole who’s suddenly joined too. But I do dread being in a meeting with him as he tries to undermine and even bully me and also my family whenever he sees them in town. If I had proof he did this I could just report him but I don’t. Should I go to the next meeting and just see how it goes? If so should I play civil and friendly or play assertive and confident? Should I tell the organiser I can’t work with this guy? Any advice much appreciated thank you.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • n2mama
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I’d take the professional high road. Be civil, be tolerant, work with him in whatever capacity you need to, no more, no less. If you tell the organizer you can’t work with this guy for personal reasons you only serve to make yourself look bad and people will lose respect for you on a professional level. If he undermines you or tries to bully you in the meetings, look up some strategies on how to shut down those behaviors, then employ them with confidence. But I would focus on doing things to my best to make the best possible impression. No way am I letting some jerk take down my professional opportunities.

• 1 month ago

If he didn’t exist, what would you do? That is your answer. Why are you going to miss an opportunity over him? Also, he won’t be the first ******** you meet in your career. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Did you know that some people spell loosing l-o-s-i-n-g

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.