Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Hello I need help for these maths questions, thanks!?
- PuzzlingLv 72 months agoFavorite Answer
First make an attempt at solving these yourself. You've probably done some examples already. The two formulas you need for these problems are:
The area of a rectangle:
A(rectangle) = lw <-- length times width
The area of a circle:
A(circle) = πr² <-- pi times the radius squared
In problem 12:
1) What's the area of the rectangle?
2) What's the area of the circle?
3) Subtract the area of the circle from the area of the rectangle and what is left is the grassy area.
In problem 13:
They even give you some hints. Try following them.
In problem 14:
1) What's the total rectangular area?
2) Calculate the area of the patio and subtract that.
3) Calculate the area of each pond and subtract both of them.