Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

how to control my impulses and eat less?

i've always been the type who loves to eat. i'm very lucky that i'm still of normal weight because i eat like an obese person. i spend my money on a lot of take out food. i can eat over 1 pint of ice cream out the bucket, per day but i stopped. i recently switched to comforting eating on salty foods like a big bag of chips on top of the 2 or 3 times a day that i eat. not only do i eat quite a lot but i also eat unhealthy.

i love to eat but i really am trying to see how i can eat much less. 

i only wanna eat 1 meal per day. some days i would like to eat even less, by only having a fruit for the whole day like some oranges or grapes for example. that's it. but i have very impulsive eating habits and i dont know how to restrain

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You don't need to try to eat less. You need to change what you eat. And eating just fruit isn't going to help you. It's going from one extreme to the other.  You don't stop eating unhealthful foods by eating fruit.  Fruit is not giving you what you need.  You need to eat healthful stuff that's going to satisfy you.  Then you won't need to turn to junk food.  So cook your meals from scratch using unprocessed foods.  Make sure you get enough protein, carbs and healthful fats like butter or ghee, refined coconut oil, and olive oil.  Eating this way, eat as much as you like for three meals a day.

• its hard when you have an addiction like that, usually there is something underlying causing it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.