Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What does 'bag' mean in this context?

Judging folks is not my bag. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Bag in this sense,   refers to your skill set, or preferences .

Think of a doctors bag.......he carries a bag, that carries the tools of his trade. 

so figuratively,    you would say,   healing people is my bag. 

What my bag does. 

so something not your bag, is something you can't do. 

Fixing cars is not my bag...... (you don't have that skill set. ) 

Riding roller coasters is not my bag....(meaning not your preference) 

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It means its not my nature to judge folks / people.

• 1 month ago

Not some behavior that I do. 

Not my bag-- not to be something one prefers, desires or cares about. [Urban dictionary]

This is from 1960s slang.

Source(s): Grew up in the 1960s. And was part of the counterculture in Californai
  • 1 month ago

A "Bag" in this use is used to describe what you like to do and are good at.  I am a geologist, so rocks are my bag.  Hacking would be the bag of some computer nerds.  20-something men are the bag of cougars: "that old guy at the end of the bar, he's more your type, but he isn't my bag", says the cougar to her friend.

Judging folks is not my bag = I do not judge folks, it is not who I am or what I do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.