Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

Do you believe in the 'justice' system? Do you have faith in police officers?

Does your hero happen to be PC simon harwood? Or that cop that killed George Floyd?

• DK439

I have more faith in the police than I do the illiberal criminal justice system that has failed so many crime victims on the west coast.

I have no faith in our laughable justice system and I do have faith in most police officers.  Police officers are like any other organization... there are some bad apples in the crowd.  These bad apples need to be plucked out of the system and stop assuming that all police officers are bad.

I gave up on the American justice system years ago & the likes of what there cop things are!

Police are just one part of the justice system.  Look at the DA's who agree to charge someone with a crime, the judges who agree to take it to trial, and a jury who decides the person's guilt. 

The point here is that everyone is human, and there is no perfect system, and never will be.  At the end of the day, wrong doings are only a small fraction of what happens in our justice system ever year. 

When something goes wrong, we need to look at the bigger picture.  Rather than just looking at Law Enforcement, why not look at the DA who insists on charging someone with little or questionable evidence, the judge who doesn't care if everything wasn't done right, and the jury who finds guilt with little or questionable evidence?

Making police the face of the problem is why it still happens from time to time.  The thing is, true injustice is very rare.  And no, I don't mean when some guy with a weapon gets shot, or when a career criminal gets a long sentence, even though his momma says he's a good boy, and was planning on doing something with his life one day.  Those don't count, they aren't injustices, they just serve the purpose of making ignorant people angry. 

I have mixed feeling about the police. They have never helped me out especially when i needed it the most. 

I feel that a lot of the police officers today became cops because they were bullied in school and now that they are police officers they have a "right" to bully ppl around. That is not how it should be. There are a lot of bad cops out there

• Dick

Cops are bullies and hoodlums. They usually can't get a job doing anything but intimidating the weak. They are not members of our community. They stay off by themselves in a clique and have an "Us VS Them", mentality. They overstate their importance and ability. Fewer cops die on duty than school teachers. Most cops that die on duty have heart attacks. Next they die in traffic accidents. Most of them are lousy drivers. They shoot each other accidentally a lot too. Very few are killed or injured in confrontations with bad guys. To have a cop make a case against you does not have anything to to with your guilt or innocence. Just what's convenient for them. The DAs and courts go along with it.

• L

I ABSOLUTELY believe in the Justice System and I have TOTAL faith in Police Officers........they are all humans, just like us, who have dedicated their lives to help and protect citizens.  

• Mark

My daughter was just telling me that she liked the new doctor taking over for our regular doctor because she felt like she took her concerns more serious.  I explained that sometimes I think that when a doctor gets old, after years of hearing complaints, that they become complacent to people's issues and have bias.

I think that the same thing happens with judges.  After a number of years of seeing certain demographics going through the system, they are going to be more biased in their judgment, just a police become more biased in their arrests.

The fact is, poorer demographics have a higher crime rate, but that does not mean that poor people are criminals, and everybody from that poor neighborhood is a criminal, but police do know that there are a lot more dangerous criminals in these neighborhoods, so they are more diligent to protect themselves.

I personally have 0% confidence in both. I just hope that all the wicked things people have done on this earth, will be rewarded with hell fire 

• ?

I have more faith in the police than the justice / legal system -- lawyers have made that unfit for purpose .