Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

To the people over 50.. did you shrink in height?

I'm 4'11.5 and cannot afford to lose even a centimeter.  I already have a problem reaching things.  I keep reading that women will lose a total of 3 inches in their life time!!!!  Is anyone past 50 who didn't lose even a millimeter.  If so, what are your tips.  If not, what caused it?

Favorite Answer

I'm over 50 and haven't lost any height.  I started working out, including strength training, a few years ago.  This may have helped.  I work with weights and resistance bands 4-6 days per week in addition to cardio.  

• ?

Men can gradually lose an inch between the ages of 30 to 70, and women can lose about two inches. After the age of 80, it's possible for both men and women to lose another inch.

• Lili

No.  I'm the same height I was in my teens. I am 64.

I ate a lot of calcium-rich foods in adolescence, and I have always gotten a lot of exercise.  I recommend both

I lost 1.75 inches in the last 20 years. I'm going to be a tiny old lady eventually.

I got proper nutrition, exercised, and took calcium. It just happens, and there's nothing to do but roll with it.

• Tavy

I am female 73 and the same weight and height  as I was at 15.