Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 month ago

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interest we are temporarily suspending article commenting. nuff !?

Update:

Why keep the stupid statement online when it now means nothing?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

New laws are coming out holding social media sites responsible ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$)  for what is said: slander, racism. hate talk, abuse  etc..that is not removed right away. 

That's why comments are no longer acceptable here.

ps  This is not a homework question; post in "Yahoo Answers".

• 1 month ago

Anonymous- when you say someone is an idiot i know you cant mean me.  You dont have enough rank on your shoulder or meat on your aaass to make comments in public like that- you are entitled to my opinion and i am unanimous in that.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Meaningless claptrap by soon do-gooder airhead.  Do you have a dam question or are you an idiot?

• 1 month ago

do you have a question?  btw, that statement is a lie -- sites did that because Congress required them to moderate content and that costs money which free users haven't paid, so comments are banned [since you aren't paying for the required moderation work].

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

People got so angry during the last election that the comments got to be very frightening and offensive. Many private services decided to suspend commenting to keep a more civil tone on  the website. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i know, i hate that, i miss having comments

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nobody is forcing you to be here.

• 1 month ago

Not a question.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.