Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do likes help more than dislikes on YouTube videos?

I've heard that both likes and dislikes will help a video cause they all count as engagement on the video, but do likes help anymore than dislikes do?

Update:

UPDATE: By the way, I specifically mean in the YouTube algorithm as to what videos get recommended to people.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

In terms of the algorithm, it makes no difference. Engagement is engagement as far as YouTube is concerned, doesn’t matter if its negative. Lots of comments would also be engagement that YouTube likes, even if its just comments about how bad the video is. 

The likes/dislikes is more for the creator so they know if people are liking the videos they’re putting out. 

• 1 month ago

When I'm watching a video tutorial with an explanation how to do stuff, I expect it will work... And when I see that there are dislikes more than likes, that means I don't have to waste my time as what's in this video doesn't work. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.