Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
? asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Is excessive alliteration a sign you suffer from tunnel vision ?

One of my limitations is that my memory retrieval will sometimes become weaker when I’m too preoccupied with processing my conscious thoughts.

Like when I’m meditating or analyzing and reflecting, I find it much harder to retrieve ideas that are in my unconscious or subconscious mind. 

A friend pointed out in poetry class this week that I used 5 words with Cs in a sentence, 4 started with the letter C and another had 2 Cs in the middle of the word and she said I seemed to have a habit of using mnemonics and phonetic association in my literary compilations.

I seem to have difficulty seeing the big picture while developing the details that build the grand scheme and than, I rely on mechanical linguistic structures to compensate for my failure to produce semantic value and logical directness in my expression and innovation of ideas. 

Is this an intellectual or cognitive issue? 

Favorite Answer

About getting ideas from the subconscious, you can't force it. It just happens, often when you least expect it. Relaxation helps. Some people get ideas going for walks, lying and closing their eyes, or taking a shower.