Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

why do so many white collared jobs pay so much? their jobs are that difficult? why they should get paid over 100,000 per year?

Update:

i mean can anyone explain it to me. i worked for a pharmacist that did the exact same job as his assistants who were getting paid like 1/10 of his/her pay and their job was just to go around a look (glance really quickly actually) at the order they had prepared and okay it. but i mean they spent most of their time just joking around and even sitting around looking at their phones . going to lunch. but get 100,000 per year. WHY?  why is society set up like this? can give other examples? lawyers?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The ills of capitalism. The Bourgeoisie take home all the bread while the proletariat does all of the work. Karl Marx was a prophet 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't know what world you're living in but you seem to be buying into all of its lies and perceptual myths.  I don't know many white collar employees who get paid that much.  In fact, most blue collar employees get paid way more than white collar employees.  White collar jobs are basically minimum wage jobs where you're forced to buy an expensive wardrobe.  Do you honestly think the company can afford to pay everyone six figures?

• 2 months ago

Why was the pharmacist earning $100K+ a year, the same reason why an ER doctor does?  Because the education that you get is often not needed but when it is, it's really important to have. 

There are blue collared jobs that pay very well also. 

• 2 months ago

Knowledge,  experience,  schooling,  niche focus, a need for that job to be filled long term.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If only all idiot 20 year olds could make $100k

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Pharmacists are important essential workers which require lots of education.

• 2 months ago

Why didn't you be the pharmacist if it was so easy and paid so much more?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.