when people are 'winding you up', how do you deal with it?

how do you deal with it without completely exploding with anger and hate?  also when people 'frustrate' you, how should you deal with it?

i'm a male aged 43 and commonly have this problem of feeling violently angry because people wind me up, and i think they are doing it intentionally, which makes me feel even more amazed with anger and verge on exploding with anger.

One of my friends had to give up his laptop, car, scooter, TV etc because of such winding issues by mafia and hackers as he says. He just vents his anger and frustrations with a kind of soliloquy at the illusory nature of majority of the world ie of substandard quality. Sometimes even talks to inanimate objects like stones and pictures too. 

What he says that, after such a  venting mechanism of talking out loud  even at inanimate objects, he is able to find still newer and much more fresh  facets of the material world. He adds that such newer perceived dimensions often turns out be much more interesting and even more enchanting to himself most times. 

His perception is that had it been not wound up by the inferior mafia world of hackers, he need not have experienced that much, the better freshness fun and the newer feel good dimensions of the material world good enough.

• Frank

The way that I would handle it would be determined by what the subject of the 'winding up' actually was.  If it were something very serious I'd be livid and if trivial I'd possibly laugh.

In some ways we should feel sorry for those who like to wind others up. They are childish, probably not very intellectually equipped either and also they don't have any time for the feelings of others. Not nice people really - to be avoided when possible.

We listen to our body when we're being wound up. If we're getting wound up, we say, "Excuse me," and we step away. We can always step away and use the bathroom. Then, we take a few deep breaths and calm ourselves. Once we are calm, we think of how best to handle the situation. Should I leave, take a nap, go for a walk, go back and and try to change the subject? At the very least, next time you're feeling wound up, make sure to take a few deep breaths and count backwards from 5,000. You'll calm down. Also, see a therapist because my guess at least half your anger is rooted in your past and has nothing to do with what's actually going on. 

• Kate

Well haha as a nurse, I have to deal with people who frustrate me daily. It takes a lot of patience. A lot of deep breathes. A lot of inner compassion. I have been hit,kicked, spit at, punched & called every name in the book & I must just continue to smile & help. 

It isn’t easy, but what works for me is simply taking a few deep breathes, releasing all the anger and hatred & inhaling love. 

It takes strength & restraint & a heck of a lot of forgiveness. 

You have to understand the only reason someone would try & intentionally make you angry is because they themselves are struggling inside. They are miserable & want you to feel the same way they do. 

In this life you have the choice as to how you let others affect your emotional state. You have the choice for another human being to ruin your day or not. Don’t let them. Don’t let them rob you from the joy inside your own heart. They just aren’t worth it.