Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

What is your view on “cancel culture”?

Comment is from this video 

https://youtu.be/u_Zh56qNR24

• not

Religion has it's version of cancel culture. They don't demand it of all of society but do cancel many things from their life. I find it pretty lame, for example cancel Harry Potter because it's witchcraft. Witchcraft is not real, the fools killed people over it and ignorantly believed it existed in the past but it's just a fictional product of entertainment.

I was under the impression that most people also found this cancel activity lame but now it's mainstream. Not only mainstream but back to the "burn the witch" cry. I shouldn't be surprised as I already realize we think we've progressed and are much more intelligent than the men who came before us but in fact we just repeat their mistakes. This activity needs to bite the hand that feeds it and it will stop. That is already happening so maybe this will not last long. 

• ?

I can't even understand what it is.  Everyone is so vague about it.

• L.F.

Republicans have become a joke. They talk in code words. 

I see cancel culture as the twenty first century version of book burning.

You have a group of self righteous that do not care if they offend others but get angry if we dare to offend them.

In their narrow minded little world they can not  the possibility that even though they disagree with someone that persons point of view may still be valid.

Lets face it there is no way to live our lives with our offending others.

If you had bacon this morning then you may have offended the practitioners of two religions along with vegans and vegetarian.

When it comes to politics if you are on one side of an issue you offend one group of you are on the other side you offend another group.

If you do not take a stand there are people on both sides that will be offended because you just don't understand the problem.

It is no longer considered enough to not be racist the cancel culture crowd has decided we must be anti racist what ever that means.

The only thing I can come up with is that instead of doing what Dr King wanted us to do and see a color blind society we are now required to commit felony assault against those we assume are racist to prove we are on the right side.

They . It's always They . So assertive and specific 

THEY are impossible to produce . THEY are like god and intend on cancelling 

you

6'under . THEY are imaginary

There is no such thing. People have always decided what is acceptable and what is not.