Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Who is crazier, those who are putting an experimental vaccine in their arm or those who aren't? ?

I feel like this isn’t a personal choice, you don’t do the vaccine for yourself, you do it for other people...

I’ve never done any vaccine except when I was born because they were compulsory, but I would do the covid vaccine to help other people not to die anymore and to get things back at something at least similar to normality.

It surely has unknown consequences but if you read any explanation by a virologist on how different types of vaccines work or are made (and not some stupid fake news) you’ll understand that yes it will may affect our immune system but no there won’t be huge consequences that can’t be undone.

It’s a fair question and I’m not sure I can answer it...not for you PERSONALLY anyway. Because I don’t think there’s a one-size-fits-all answer, which seems to be the case with many issues in this life since we are all unique individuals. I guess you make your choice and then you deal with the consequences. I was adamant that I would not under any circumstances get the vaccine because I am not a ‘vaccine person’ To put it mildly. In fact I am not a Big Pharma prescription drug person, nor am I a mainstream medicine person, mainstream pediatrics person,  mainstream psychiatry person, mainstream dentistry person or any of it. Because I have been f*cked  over numerous times by so-called “professionals” in each and every one of those professions and have seen my child damaged by them as well. So I have tended to believe that if you want to live long and be healthy you should avoid going to mainstream American doctors as much as possible. But again, it’s not a one- size-fits-all lifetime, either... in your life your experiences with mainstream medicine may have varied significantly from mine; Therefore I wouldn’t necessarily expect you to share my philosophical outlook on the issue.

And I didn’t think it really was necessary to get the “experimental” vaccine because I’m a radically solitary older person who isn’t around a lot of people ever anyway. Except my son with whom I currently live. And I was taking my vitamin D and I was wearing my mask and I was doing my social distancing in public and all of it. But then my son, who is still fairly young, got it from one of his circle of friends apparently, sincecthey were always hanging around without wearing masks, riding around in cars,  sometimes playing basketball etc., etc. Typical kids who don’t want to be cooped up and aren’t exactly thinking they’re going to look real cool wearing masks while they’re hanging out together I guess.

So he got it and now I have it too.  And I’m having some serious cardiac issues among other things currently. My other symptoms seem to be improving somewhat but not the chest pain upon exertion issues, weird palpitations, etc. And the more I read All the medical articles I’ve been reading about it now...about the cardiac aspect of this virus...the more scared I’m getting because it says that a lot of people end up having long term and possibly permanent heart damage from this virus Even after they recover from all the other symptoms. 

I’m 65 and I was in pretty good shape lung and cardiac-wise up until now, have been without a car for months and riding a bicycle many miles uphill and down all over the place, rollerblading (intermediate + level with that so I was really pushing myself lung and cardio-wise when I was doing it)......and now......I can’t even pick some bags up and take them inside the house without getting SERIOUS chest pain and feeling like I need to lie down and rest  at least 20 minutes. It’s NO JOKE, what this “China virus” can do to you. 

And by the way anybody who goes around beating the sh*t out of elderly Asian people because they think they ‘caused’ this virus can go f*ck yourselves OK? Do not take my using the trumpian way of describing this plague as an endorsement of bludgeoning and killing Asian people whose status as such doesn’t exempt THEM from getting the virus and dying from it as well, OK?

But every medical article I’ve now been reading says that a lot of people, Even those who are not necessarily that old and had been previously very active and in good shape and athletic, are going to be having permanent heart damage from this virus for decades to come and be more susceptible to future heart failure and possibly sudden death to the cardiac issues such as “myocarditis”, etc. 

So now I may be f*cked. So was my decision not to get the “experimental” vaccine the correct one? Well it doesn’t really matter anymore. Because I made my decision and obviously I have to live with the consequences now. 

I guess sometimes you roll the dice in this game we call “life” and if “lady luck” is not on your side, you can curse that b*tch all you want,  but you can’t really blame her for making you roll the dice in the first place, can you?

The 'science denier anti-vaxxers' think letting the virus run it's course naturally will create herd immunity even though there's no guarantee this will work because the virus is mutating. These are the crazy people willing to sacrifice millions more lives. Christian Science was highly rejected when I was a kid because people thought parents were neglecting their kids.

Don’t you think it’s better to have *some* protection against coronavirus or none at all? Just think: all of 2020, there was nothing on earth that could save us from being infected. Now it’s 2021 and there are some vaccines that can protect us for at least 6 months.

The vaccines are definitely not experimental. They have 95% effectiveness against COVID (no vaccine in history has ever been 100% effective).

Why bother to ask a question whose answer you already think you know?

Those who aren't. The vaccines used for coronavirus aren't experimental, you crazy anti-vaxxer. There was already a lot of research for SARS and MERS, two similar viruses.

• bluto

There is zero crazy about taking a vaccine that has been tested and found to be highly effective about stopping or reducing a virus thAt has killed half a million and more people in the United States and has a severe impact on the world.

The person who refuses to do so for ANY OTHER REASON than severe risk of a complication (severe allergic reaction to any medicine in the vaccine), is not only bat shlt crazy but complicit in the deaths serious illness and the resulting mental health complications (1/3 of severe reactions To COVID  have mental heath issues and damage after) as well as the covid long haulers continued illness.

Religion is not an excuse, politics is not an excuse, desire for getting pregnant is not only not an excuse but is dubunked completely as a risk, fear is not an excuse. 

Those who aren't. idiot. when god distributed the brain some of you must have been hiding in the toilet. hence sh*t for brains. 

Small pox and polio wouldn't have been eradicated without vaccines, idiot.

Who told you it was experimental?  It has been through the required protocols for use. While not focused on SARS-CoV-2 virus mRNA vaccine technology has been under development for over a decade.  

Completed my Pfizer-BionTech vaccines Feb 8.  A sore arm for a day or so.  My shigella (shingles) vaccination had the same effect but even more intense and longer.